Below is a selection of Dr. Wigand's publications.
Non Tobacco-Related Publications
- Wigand, J.S. Additives, Cigarette Design and Tobacco Regulation, Third WHO Study Group on Tobacco Regulation (TobReg), Kobe, Japan, 2006.
- Wigand, J.S. and May, H.E. The Right to Choose: Why Governments Should Compel the Tobacco Industry To Disclose Their Ingredients, Essays in Philosophy 2005; Vol6 No 2.
- Wigand, J.S. The Anatomy of a Cigarette, Cancer: What Causes It, What Doesn't, ACS 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. Tobacco Money Not Used to Protect Children, Guest Columnist, The State, July 6, 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. Smokin' Mad: State MSA Funds Wasted, Charleston City Paper, June 25, 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. ETS Causes Harm, Post and Courier, March 13, 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. Harm Caused by Non-Fire Safe Cigarettes, Boston Globe, March 7, 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. To Harm or Not to Harm: The Debate About Smoke-Free Charleston, Post and Courier, March 3, 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. Secondhand Smoke Harm Reduction: Realizing a Smoke-Free Charleston, February 2003.
- Wigand, J.S. and May, H.E. Michigan Prop 4: If Prop 4 Loses, Tobacco Wins, CM Life, November 1, 2002.
- Wigand, J.S. National Cancer Institute. Risks Associated with Smoking Cigarettes with Low Machine-Measured Yields of Tar and Nicotine. Smoking and Tobacco Control Monograph No. 13, Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 02-5074, October 2001 (Reviewer).
- Wigand, J.S. The Insider: Its Effect on the Public. Tobacco Control, 2001;10:292.
- Wigand, J.S. Cigarette Testing Methods, Product Design, and Labeling: Time to Clean Up the "Negative Baggage". Tobacco Control, Winter 1998, Vol 7, No 4.
- Wigand, J.S. Settling Will Save the Children: Taking Exception. Washington Post. No 52. January 26, 1998.
- Development of User-Oriented Instrument Manuals, NCCLS Guideline, Vol 3, No 9, 1983.
- Herpes Zoster. British Journal of Dermatology 104:351-352, 1981.
- Cardiac Enzymes - Signposts to Diagnoses, Laboratory Medicine, Vol 12, No 2, 1974.
- Creatine Phosphokinase/Indicator of ATP Activity, JAMA, Vol 226, No 12, 1973.
- Cyclic Amp and it's Correlation to Clinical Disorders, Proceedings Advances in Clinical Chemistry Symposia, St. Johns, Nova Scotia, 1972.
- Characterization of the Active Site of Human Transcortin, IV International Congress of Endocrinology, 1972.
- The Nature of The Binding Site of Human Transcortin, Library of Congress, Doctoral Thesis, 1972.
- Tryptophan Involvement/Binding of Cortisol to Human Transcortin, III International Congress of Endocrinology, 1971.
- Preparation and Characterization of Secondary Alkyl Cobalamins, Library of Congress, Masters Thesis, 1970.
- Smoke-Free: How One City Successfully Banned Smoking in all Indoor Public Places, 2004
- Clearing the Air: The Battle over the Smoking Ban, 2005.